Almost every state in United States has state specific daily games. These games run by State Lotteries, help the states to raise money for education. PICK 3 is one of the most popular daily games in almost every state.This game is so popular among players that most of the states conduct 2 daily draws of PICK 3 game.
This game consists of selecting 3 digits to make a perfect combination. Each of the digits include numbers ranging from 0 to 9. So technically speaking any number ranging from 000 to 999. Some of the main features of this game are following:
- There are total 1000 combinations for this game from 000 to 999. On every draw, one of the 3 digit number is drawn which is called the winning combination for that particular draw.
- Ways to WIN: There are multiple ways you can win a PICK 3 game Some of the most common ways to win a PICK 3 game are following. Please note, some state might have additional types of wager for winning combinations. You should always check state website for finding all different types of winning combinations for a given game. The back of the play slip also explains the different combinations and amount of winnings.
- STRAIGHT (EXACT): This bet covers one exact match for the draw numbers. For e.g., if the draw number is 123, then in order to win your winning number should also be 123.
- BOX (ANY): This type of bet covers all possible number combinations of the winning number. For e.g. if the draw number is 123, then you can win if your number is any one of the following: 123, 132, 213, 231, 312 & 321.
- COMBO: This type of bet is a spacial type where the bet covers all possible combinations of the winning number. Each combination of this type of bet is equal to the top winning price similar to STRAIGHT bet.
- STRAIGHT/BOX: This bet is a combination of the STRAIGHT and BOX bets together.
All the combinations of PICK3 winning numbers can be categorized in the following groups:
- 6-WAY Number: This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 3 distinct digits. It is called 6-way, because we can create 6 different combinations from the draw number. The probability of 6-way number occurrence is 71%.
- 3-WAY Number: This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 2 same digits and 1 different digit. It is called 3-way, because we can create 3 different combinations from the draw number. The probability of 3-way number occurrence is 27%.
- 1-WAY Number (TRIPLES): When all 3 digits in the draw number are exact same, it is called 1-Way or Triples. The probability of Triples occurrence is 1.37%
PICK-3 OVERALL ODDS CHART
|Straight (Exact)||Triples||1 in 1000|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||3-Way||1 in 333.3|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||6-Way||1 in 166.7|
Since it is not feasible to play all 1000, numbers, I have broken down the 1000 numbers to only 23 pairs! These pairs hit 99% of the time if it doesn’t double or triple….. This means you already have 2 of the 3 winning numbers for any cash 3 draw. Use a tracking system to pick the pair for play.
Thanks for your inputs. Looks great and promising.
Thanks for Sharing. I’m new to the group.