Almost every state in United States has state specific daily games. These games run by State Lotteries, help the states to raise money for education. PICK 4 is one of the most popular daily games in almost every state. This game is so popular among players that most of the states conduct 2 daily draws of PICK 4 game.
This game consists of selecting 4 digits to make a perfect combination. Each of the digits include numbers ranging from 0 to 9. So technically speaking any number ranging from 0000 to 9999 is a valid combination. Some of the main features of this game are following:
- There are total 10000 combinations for this game from 0000 to 9999. On every draw, one 4 digit number is drawn which is called the winning combination for that particular draw.
- Ways to WIN: There are multiple ways you can win a PICK 4 game. Some of the most common ways to win a PICK 4 game are following. Please note, some state might have additional types of wager for winning combinations. You should always check state website for finding all different types of winning combinations for a given game. The back of the play slip also explains the different combinations and amount of winnings.
- STRAIGHT (EXACT): This bet covers one exact match for the draw numbers. For e.g., if the draw number is 1234, then in order to win your winning number should also be 1234.
- BOX (ANY): This type of bet covers all possible number combinations of the winning number. For e.g. if the draw number is 1234, then you can win if your number is any one of the following: 1234, 1243, 1324, 1342, 1423, 1432, 2134, 2143, 2314, 2341, 2413, 2431, 3124, 3142, 3214, 3241, 3412, 3421, 4123, 4132, 4213, 4231, 4312, or 4321.
- COMBO: This type of bet is a spacial type where the bet covers all possible combinations of the winning number. Each combination of this type of bet is equal to the top winning price similar to STRAIGHT bet.
- STRAIGHT/BOX: This bet is a combination of the STRAIGHT and BOX bets together.
All the combinations of PICK 4 winning numbers can be categorized in the following groups:
- 24-WAY Number: This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 4 distinct digits. It is called 24-way, because we can create 24 different combinations from the draw number. e.g. 1234
- 12-WAY Number (DOUBLE): This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 2 same digits and 2 different digits. It is called 12-way, because we can create 12 different combinations from the draw number. e.g. 1123
- 6-WAY Number (DOUBLE PAIR): This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 2 repeated digits. It is called 6-Way or Double Pairs, because we can create 4 different combinations from the draw number. e.g. 1122
- 4-WAY Number (TRIPLES): This group contains all the combinations where the winning number has 3 same digit and one different digit. It is called 4-way because we can create 4 different combinations from the draw number. e.g. 1112
- 1-Way Number (QUADS): When the draw numbers have same digit repeated 4 times, it is called QUADS. e.g. 1111
PICK 4 OVERALL ODDS CHART
|Straight (Exact)||Quads||1 in 10000|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||24-Way||1 in 417|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||12-Way||1 in 833|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||6-Way||1 in 1667|
|Box (ANY) / Combo||4-Way||1 in 2500|