Lottery Math is slightly different than the regular math operations. This article will provide a high-level overview of the Lottery Math used by most of the Lottery Players.
The basic rule followed in the Lottery Math is that when adding or subtracting numbers using lottery math, we do not carry over or borrow from.
Example: 4 + 8 = 2 and not 12; 1 – 3 = 8 and not -2
Few other math operations commonly used in Lottery workouts are following:
SUMS: To get the SUM of a number, we simply add all the digits together. For example, if the number drawn was 189, the SUM would be 1 + 8 + 9 =18
BASE SUM: The BASE Sum is simply the last digit of the drawn number. If there is only one digit in the SUM, then BASE SUM is same as the SUM.
- If SUM = 8, then BASE SUM = 8
- If SUM = 16, then BASE SUM = 6
- If SUM = 22, then BASE SUM = 2
ROOT SUM: In order to find the ROOT SUM of the drawn number, continue to add the SUM of the number until a single digit is returned. That single digit is called the ROOT SUM of the number.
- Number Drawn: 225, the SUM is 2 + 2 + 5 = 9; Since 9 is a single digit, 9 is also the ROOT SUM.
- Number Drawn: 446, The SUM is 4 + 4 + 6 = 14 SUM, then add 1 + 4 = 5 (single digit), which is the ROOT SUM.
- Number Drawn 757, the SUM is 7 + 5 + 7 = 19 SUM, then add 1 + 9 = 10 (double digit), then 1 + 0 = 1 (single digit), which is the ROOT SUM.
Therefore, in lottery math, if the number drawn is 277, we should also refer the number as following:
- It is a Double Number.
- LE, HO, HO Number. (LO: Low Odd, HO: High Odd)
- It has a SUM of 16 (2 + 7 + 7 = 16)
- It has a BASE SUM of 6
- It has a ROOT SUM of 6 (Sum = 16 = 1 + 6 = Root Sum 7)
DATE SUM: There are multiple ways how lottery players calculate DATE SUM. All the methods are equally good and it is purely up-to the individual and back testing process, to use one over the another.
DATE Sum Version 1: Add Month, Day and Year part of the Date together and derive the ROOT SUM from the Date.
Example: 05 April, 2019: – 04 (Month) + 05 (Day) + 2019 = SUM 21 = ROOT SUM 2 + 1 = 3
DATE Sum Version 2: Add Month and Day part only and derive the ROOT SUM.
Example: 05 April, 2019: – 04 (April) + 05 (Day) = SUM 9 = ROOT SUM 9